I didn’t get really into hiking until my late 20s. Once I discovered how much I love the physical challenge, stumbling across stunning vistas, and the stress reducing ability of nature, I was sold. Becoming an ambassador for the Six Pack of Peaks Challenge was an easy decision.
I stumbled upon Six Packs of Peaks at the end of last year. Way too late to complete it (at least for this fair weather hiker)! But it was something that my Mom and sister-in-law were very interested in completing. Largely, because we all enjoy hiking. Secondly, we are motivated by a challenge. Lastly, a percentage of money raised goes to a good cause, Big City Mountaineers.
Living in New England, I opted to do the New England Six Pack of Peaks, which has me climbing:
- Bear Mountain in Salisbury, CT (elevation 2,316 feet)
- Mount Greylock in Lanesborough, MA (elevation 3,491 feet)
- Mount Mansfield in Underhill, VT (elevation 4,393 feet)
- Camel’s Hump in Huntington, VT (elevation 4,083 feet)
- Mount Lincoln in Franconia/Lincoln, NH (elevation 5,089 feet)
- Mount Washington in Sargent’s Purchase, NH (elevation 6,288 feet)
- and maybe Mount Katahdin in Northeast Piscataquis, ME (elevation 3,491 feet)
Anyone can sign up for the Six Packs of Peak Challenge (use the form below to save 10%) and complete it on your own. If you aren’t close to New England, there are also challenges in Oregon, Arizona, Colorado, Northern and Southern California. (I think one year, I’ll need to aim to complete all!)
If you want to join me, you are more than welcome to. Look at the dates listed and fill out the form below to receive more information.
- Bear Mountain- COMPLETED July 7, 2019
- Mount Greylock- COMPLETED April 14, 2019 (Second Date TBA)
- Mount Mansfield- August 31st or September 1st
- Camel’s Hump- August 31st or September 1st
- Mount Lincoln- TBA
- Mount Washington- Saturday, July 20 (alternate date Sunday, July 21st)
- and maybe Mount Katahdin- TBA